I am reading stargirl by Jerry Spineille. In this book there is a girl named stargirl. She is the new student in the school. To the characters in this book she is really weird and unique, but I would say that she is very nice and interesting.
She can feel other peoples personal feeling without knowing them. Like the time when stargirl went to hotseat { a game show} , and saw Becca she right away knew her feelings that she kept inside. Stargirl understood that Becca doesn’t like to be a winner all the time.
Would call Stargirl weird because she knew people’s birthday with out knowing them. I know this because at lunch time she would sing Happy Birthday people. Which people might think is weird, but I think that is so nice, taking her own time figuring out their birthday and singing it to them. The only question I have is how? How does she know their birthday? Later on in the book I found out that she gets it from the newspaper and bulletin boards in stores.
Another thing that I like about star girl is that she noticed people that are hardly notice and notices how good they are. Like in a part of the story there was a boy who was called the “ Geek” of the class, and so nobody notices him, so as he was walking down the hall he threw out a candy wrapper, and she actually saw that and cheered for him. I liked that part because I am also a person that doesn’t get that much noticed, like the person in the back of the corner, and so I like it when I do get noticed. I bet that boy did too.
Great post! I find it sad that nowadays, kindness is considered "weird". I find that people also find it surprising when people are actually polite. Is this modern society lowering its societal class to accept not-being-mean as being kind, and not-being-rude as being polite? That would be pitiful, but perhaps inevitable. I hope this is not true, but who knows? Anyways, again great post!
ReplyDelete