Currently I am reading a social action book called " Girls on the Edge " . It is about three girls with their stories about how their issues such as cyber-bullying, how people see them, and their experience with anorexia.
It is really sad to know that things like this actually happen. Girls starve themselves to be " Skinny ". they don't know by doing this they are putting themselves on risk of death. They want to be someone that is liked and known by people around them "boys". They don't see that it isn't important to be themselves, they see it as i have to be like her. I think that it is more important to be yourself then pretending to be someone else just to be liked. It is not bad being yourself, like me i am not exact-ally skinny, but i don't really care because i know that there is people in this world that care for me for who i am not my weight. I am fine, living this way. I have friends.
Also people who are getting cyber bullied need to ask for help. they should know that they aren't alone. there are people in this world that can help them get through this. and always remember the people who are bulling you, do it for fun, or maybe because they are jealous, they want to hurt you purposely so it can make them feel better. don't let them take over your life. ask for help and you will get it.
Hi! This blog post was really good. I think it shows what society has come too and what girls are putting themselves through to make them 'fit it' and I think it's stupid because why not just love yourself the way you are and be proud, instead of making yourselves someone that your not. I really love this post and I think it's a good read!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi! And i do agree with you. what teens are going through just to fit in is just terrible.In my view they have to learn to love themselves for who they are and not how they look. Thxs for your comment
Delete